Thursday 27 June 2013

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here!

Greetings fellow wargamers, modelers, painters and dice throwers!

Welcome to my blog. This is my first forays into the world of blogging, and hopefully I'll be able to keep the ball rolling. But first, a little background.

I've been wargaming for about 11 years now, mostly with the GW games (Warhammer Fantasy, 40k and LotR.) I even worked for them for about a year and a half, but since leaving, I have started expanding into other gaming systems, such as Dystopian Wars, and Firestorm Armada from Spartan Games, as well as various historical games like SAGA, Hail Caesar, WAB and War & Conquest.

I'm not the best painter and my sculpting skills are something to be desired, but I'd like to think I am a better than average converter. Very rarely will a miniature (that isn't a spod trooper) pass through my hands without some measure of conversion. Sometimes, it may just be a simple weapon or head swap, sometimes I will go all out, completely changing the appearance of the original model. (My Dark Eldar Archon is a good example of this)

I also do several table top RPGs, so I have great fun turning my hand to converting miniatures for my characters.

At any one time, I am likely to have three or four projects on the go at once (hence me being a Hobby Butterfly.) At the moment I am working on my Chaos Marine army themed around the Four Horsemen (likely to be my next post,) Chinese Federation and Kingdom of Britannia fleets for Dystopian Wars, a Bretonnian Mordheim warband, and some Game of Thrones themed SAGA warbands, mostly because I found Stark and Lannister battle boards. I'm also (very slowly) working on an Arthurian army based on Bernard Cornwell's fantastic Warlord Chronicles. Easily my favourite books, without a doubt.

I think that's enough typing for now, and seeing as I've typed a lot, here's a picture of my cat sat in a box of wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment